Spring Tune Up - Fuel Cycle Time! May 13 2015
Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Cycle Time
Well here we go - it has been awhile since I have done a Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Cycle and today is the day I decided that I will be starting one. I have loved my E and S and FP free styling but I need to do a little tune up and get back to basics and see if I can get some of those stubborn pounds moving again!
This is my week long experience for my Fuel Cycle including recipes and results!
Days 1, 2 and 3 - S Day's
- 3 eggs fried in a bit of butter
- I added some mushrooms and green beans
- seasonings to taste - sea salt and onion salt
- raw red pepper on the side
- Basic whey smoothie - I use one scoop of Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Trim Healthy Mama Sweet Blend or other sweetener of your choice to taste
- dash of vanilla
- unsweetened almond milk
- dash of sea salt
- I like to add flavors so I used LorAnn Strawberry Kiwi - made a yummy smoothie!
- 1 chicken breast
- large salad with mixed veggies (celery, lettuce, cucumbers and peppers)
- olive oil dressing with a bit of vinegar
- I made a double batch of the smoothie from above - keeping it easy :)
- a few pieces of skinny chocolate
- steak cut into strips and fried with a bit of butter and Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 yellow, orange and red pepper and half an onion stir fried in butter
- skinny chocolate
This might seem boring to eat the same thing for three days in a row however I find that I make large batches of food and it makes my life much easier when working full time and trying to stay organized especially juggling so many balls. Normally, when I am free styling with Trim Healthy Mama I don't eat the same thing everyday but with a Fuel Cycle I felt this would be the easiest way for me to not "worry" about my food.
So, after three great days of clean solid S meals my body was completely emptied out of all excess glucose. One thing I like to do during a THM Fuel Cycle is use Ketostix.
I am not sure if any of you have ever used them - they are available without a prescription from your local pharmacy. You can test your urine to see if you are in ketosis which indicates that your body is burning Fat as you have not provided it any other fuel sources. I test daily during a Fuel Cycle and as you can see from the picture above the brighter the "pink/purple" the stronger your ketones are and the more fat your body is burning off.
Days 4 & 5 - Fuel Pull Days
The last time I did a Fuel Cycle I didn't have the luxury of some of the newest Trim Healthy Mama products like Baking Blend and Naught-Naughty Noodles and Rice. I have to say this made Fuel Pull days super satisfying and so very yummy. I even tried a bunch of new recipes these two days which made it even more fun!
Breakfast - I had this both days
- large egg white omelette
- seasonings to taste - sea salt, pepper and onion salt
- one laughing cow light cheese wedge melted inside
- mushrooms and green peppers
- Cottage Berry Whip - from the Trim Healthy Mama Book. I made a double serving and ate about 1/4 - 1/2 with breakfast
Morning Snack - I had this both days
- 1 slice of FP angel Cake. This was a new one for me and it was really good. I found this recipe on Jennifer's website - A Home With Purpose. Check it out as there are lots of yummy ones to choose from!
- I had made a blueberry sauce for on top of the cake - 11/4 cup of blueberries, sweetener of choice and a little bit of glucci all boiled on the stove and then chilled to a spread/jam :)
- then I added a little bit of the blueberry spread along with some left over Cottage Berry Whip - kind of like a sinful whipped cream with a nice berry/jam topping underneath - oh my :)
Lunch - I had this both days
- 3 ounces of Chicken breast cubed
- Sweet and Spicy Asian Stir Fry - from the Trim Healthy Mama Book - page 341. I have to say I had never tried this one before and so glad I gave it a try it was so easy and very very good! It is one of those super quick recipes to make and you always have the ingredients handy and it makes a ton of food!
- Trim Healthy Mama Not Naughty Noodles
Afternoon Snack - I had this both days
- I had more of the angel cake with toppings :) - I know right tough day!
- for supper on Day 4 I had leftover Sweet and Spicy Asian Stir Fry
- 1for supper on Day 5 I made a large egg white omelette with mushrooms and green peppers and seasonings to taste
- I added 1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese
- 1 serving of THM FP Swiss Bread - so yummy. The recipe for this can be found in the new THM Ezine! If you haven't already signed up to receive them click HERE.
- I then added the omelette into the bread and made a fabulous sandwich!
- A big boy smoothie from the Trim Healthy Mama Book
Testing these two days with Ketostix showed heavy ketosis and happy to say I am down about 5lbs so far! Let's see what the final week brings
Bring on the "E" Days - Day 6 and 7
Breakfast - I ate this both days
- Trim Healthy Mama Pancakes - From The Trim Healthy Mama Book
- topped with blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons of 0% Greek Yogurt
Morning Snack - I ate this both days
- 1 apple diced
- 1 cup of 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Trim Healthy Mama Peanut Flour (or peanut flour of your choice or natural peanut butter)
- Sweetener to taste
Lunch - I ate this both days
- 4 slices of Sourdough rye bread
- 1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese
- 1 chicken breast
- lettuce and cucumbers
- I like to make a large sandwich
Afternoon Snack - I ate this both days
- about 8 almonds
Supper - I ate this both days
- Trim Healthy Mama Lighter Side Of Chili "E" - recipe is on page 330 of the Trim Healthy Mama Book
- with a bit of 0% Greek Yogurt on top
- 2 slices of Sourdough Rye Bread
- 1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese
Evening Snack - I ate this both days
- 5 cups of air popped popcorn
This was a very successful Fuel Cycle for me as it helped give me the tune up I was looking for. The final results is 6lbs are now gone and the scale is moving again after a three month stall. I went down a pants size - I could wear them but not in public :). I will do one more Fuel Cycle and then let my body go back to free styling again for awhile. If you have stubborn "donkey" weight as Pearl and Serene call it and you have been stalled for awhile then you might also want to consider a tune up and do a Fuel Cycle.