Baking Blend Count Down - Some Fun While We Wait! May 24 2015
Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend Count Down!
I thought it would be fun to do a Trim Healthy Mama Count Down as we wait for our Baking Blend to arrive. If you are anything like me you have been busy reading and collecting recipes to try. Lucky that lots of the American Mama's have been busy baking and perfecting some recipes for us so sometimes waiting isn't all that bad!
I have to say I think this one is first on my list - Caramel Brownie Pie courtesy of Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen. If you have never visited her blog her recipes are amazing as I have personally tried lots of them. Just click on this link for quick access to her blog.
Caramel Brownie Pie (Trim Healthy Mama S)
- 1/2 cup of THM Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt or 1/2 a cup of sour cream
- 3 or 4 tbsp. of THM SWEET BLEND or you can use 1 cup of Swerve or Xylitol)
- 8 drops of Liquid Stevia Caramel Flavorall or (you can add about a half tsp more of Sweet Blend or 2 and 1/2 tsp of Swerve or Xyltiol)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup (and more for a topping) of Jess' Caramel Sauce (From Simply Healthy Home)
- Use room temp butter or melt on high for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- In the same big bowl add all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a pie dish or a 9X9 glass baking dish.
- Pour brownie batter into baking dish.
- Make a double batch of the Caramel Sauce.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of caramel sauce over the top of brownie batter and run a knife through the batter.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-38 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with more Caramel Sauce & or whipped cream & nuts!